Texan Alley Tailgate policies for spring football; spots available on first-come, first-serve basis
STEPHENVILLE – With the spring football season right around the corner, Tarleton Athletics has announced its safety policies surrounding Texan Alley Tailgate.
"Tailgating is such an exciting tradition at Tarleton State University and our fans love it, so it was very important that we found a way to create a safe environment for our fans to gather," said Vice President for Athletics Lonn Reisman. "I'd like to thank Daron Trussell at Campus Recreation and Chris Reisman for their efforts in finding a way to keep the tradition of Texan Alley alive this spring."
The biggest changes to tailgating this spring will be the prohibiting of pull-in cookers, as well as spaces being available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations will not be accepted this spring, except for RV parking. The gates to Texan Alley will open at 9 a.m. on game days and will close three hours prior to kickoff. RV Parking will still accept reservations due to limited availability and power requirements.
The list of general and COVID-19 guidelines are as follows:
• Parking lot entrances and traffic lanes must remain clear at all times.
• Each group is allowed only one vehicle per tailgating space.
• Tailgating spaces must be purchased on game day at the Texan Alley entrance. Please be advised that spots are first-come, first-serve and may not be available on game day. Campus Recreation will be admitting groups starting at 9 a.m. on game days, and will close the entrance gate three hours prior to kickoff.
• All pets must remain on a leash and in the owner's control at all times. The pet owner will be held responsible for any injury or damage caused by their pet. We do also ask that you always pick up after your pets.
• All trash and debris from tailgating activities must be cleaned up and disposed of in provided receptacles.
• Student tailgating is not permitted during the game, at halftime, or after the game. Students tailgating at Texan Alley must leave 15 minutes prior to kickoff.
• No open pit fires are allowed. Charcoal and wood grills are allowed, but fires must be contained to the grill. Charcoal must remain in the grill or trailer, and cannot be dumped in the tailgate area or parking lot.
• Must sign a COVID protocol and certification form to purchase tailgate spot upon entry.
• There will be NO side-by-side tailgating.
• Tailgates will be spread out with at least a buffer of two parking spaces
• Face masks required when not eating or drinking
• Social/physical distancing required
• Limit of 10 people per tailgate
• Must limit food and drink to only those in your tailgate party
• No pull-in cookers
• 10x10 or 10x15 tents allowed only
• There will be no large entertainment events (concerts, radio shows, etc.) this spring.
• Sanitation/hand-washing stations will be located throughout the venue.
Staff workers will be monitoring tailgates closely to make sure compliance of tailgate guidelines.
To view the complete list of policies and maps for parking and tailgate spaces, visit TarletonSports.com/TexanAlley. For questions regarding Texan Alley Tailgate or to reserve an RV parking space, contact Daron Trussell by email at email@example.com.