Letter: Sandford right choice for SISD board
As a former school superintendent and administrator, I have had the privilege to work with numerous board members in many different school districts. There are different levels of skills and knowledge that each board member brings to a board. That is why I am excited to see Dr. Sonia Sandford as a candidate for the Stephenville School Board. She has strong credentials and a passion for educating all students.
I think she will be an excellent board member because:
• She has taught at all grade levels and has been a teacher, coach and administrator. She knows and appreciates quality teaching.
• She has worked with school-focused federal funding and understands how a school budget is developed and how funding decisions are made.
• She has worked with all kinds of students – high achievers and students who struggle to learn. She firmly believes that all children can learn and that our schools must focus on helping all types of learners to be successful.
• She is committed to our school district because her children have attended and are currently attending our schools. You will see her at extracurricular activities cheering for our students.
• She supports teachers, parents and local control for our schools. Over the last few months, she has taken time to visit each of our schools and has attended numerous events to seek input from teachers, parents and those who are interested in our schools.
Our students are the future of our community. We must ensure that they get the best education possible. I firmly that Dr. Sonia Sandford is our best choice to help make our schools the very best they can be.
Dr. Rita C. Cook/Stephenville