City council to talk status of city administrator position
The Stephenville City Council will meet tonight and after all public items have been addressed, the council will move into closed session to discuss several other important city matters.
On the public agenda are the following important items to be discussed and/or acted up on:
• Monthly report on the Stephenville Economic Development Authority [SEDA] by the group’s Executive Director, John R. Hubbard. Hubbard is expected to ask the council to consider approving a $12,000 economic development grant to Erath Capital - that is owned by local developer, Beau Mayo - for water infrastructure improvements on a housing development the company plans to undertake,
• Monthly report by City Finance Director Walter Wood,
• Nominations Committee Report request for approval of annual appointments to city boards and commissions.
Major items to be discussed in closed executive session are:
• The status of the city administrator position, the duties of which are now being performed by interim city administrator Wayne McKethan while an executive search is being conducted for a permanent replacement,
• Deliberate economic development negotiations regarding engineering design fees associated with construction of a traffic signal at Hwy. 377 [Washington Street] and Christy Plaza.
The meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. in City Council Chambers.