Last day to apply for Leadership Stephenville is Monday
If you’re interested in applying for the 2016-2017 class of Leadership Stephenville, Monday is the last day to get those applications filled out and turned in.
“Leadership Stephenville is a program sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce which challenges its participants to make a difference in the community, to make a positive contribution to our quality of life, and to be prepared to become the leaders of tomorrow,” a press release by the Chamber reads.
Pick up an application at the Chamber of Commerce and follow these instructions:
- Complete each section in full (incomplete applications will not be considered).
- Print in black or blue ink or type answers into fillable form.
- Limit answers to available space. No attachments will be considered.
- Application must be signed by the applicant and sponsor (if applicable).
- Each individual selected for participation in Leadership Stephenville, or that person’s employer, will be required to pay a tuition fee of $400 for the program.
The deadline for applications will be by 5 p.m. Monday and chosen applicants will be notified by Aug. 15, 2016. Applications can be brought to the Chamber office at 187 W. Washington Street, or mailed to Leadership Stephenville, PO Box 306, Stephenville, Texas, 76401.
The selection criteria is as follows:
- The persons must live and work in the Stephenville area.
- The committee seeks representation from a cross section of the community including business, agriculture, industry, education, the arts, religion, government, community-based organizations, retired residents and more.
- Applicants must have the full support of the organization or corporation they represent.
- Depending on the number of applicants, the committee may limit selections to no more than one participant from a single company.
- Those not accepted for this year’s class are urged to reapply next year.
- Attendance at orientation, the retreat and monthly session is mandatory. Those who fail to attend will forfeit their program participation and tuition.
For more information or any questions about the application, contact the Chamber office at 254-965-5313 or visit www.stephenvilletexas.org.