Dublin City Council to swear in new member tonight
The Dublin City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. today in the Dublin ISD Board Room to discuss several items including two that will be considered in closed session.
Among the most important to be covered will be the swearing in of Sarah McCann as council member to fill out the unexpired term in Ward 3.
The council will also discuss approval for a new roof at the Dublin Train Depot that suffered extensive damage during the tornado that struck earlier this year.
Council members will also be asked to accept an engineering report regarding the feasibility of making repairs to the Dublin City Hall that was damaged heavily by last year’s spring storms and has been closed for over a year now.
In addition, Mayor David Leatherwood will read a proclamation declaring May 9-15 as National Police Officers Week in Dublin and another declaring May 16-22 as Emergency Medical Service Week. Other agenda items include:
• Hearing a report on the status of the swimming pool and summer events there by pool manager Jose Aleman
• Councilman Layne Golden leading a discussion regarding installing a bridge on East Elm Street
• Accepting the Certificate of Unopposed Candidates for the May 9 election
• Appointing two citizens to the Board of Adjustments to fill the vacancy of Paul Gaudette and Elizabeth Cook
• City Manager Nancy Wooldridge’s update on a change order for the city’s elevated water tower
• Approval of a resolution to appoint Steve Hightower to the Upper Leon River Municipal Water District Board for a three-year term 2016–19
• Hearing a recommendation from Councilman Mac McMullen on the Ordinance Committee to adopt the revised Personnel Policy and make it effective June 1
Following those actions, the city council will then convene into closed executive session to consider appointing Aaron Hoodie as Interim EMS coordinator and discuss other EMS personnel matters.