Gospel singing jubilee set for Oct. 3 at City Park
Texas Hill Country Gospel Jubilee is hosting an event from 1-7 p.m. at Stephenville City Park on Saturday, Oct. 3.
The event is free and attendees will get to hear southern, country, bluegrass gospel and traditional hymns.
“Groups from all over Texas and Missouri will be there,” event promoter Danny Lemons said. “There’s no admission fee; just come and go as you please throughout the day. There’s nine different groups that will be singing.”
Attendees are encouraged to bring their lawn chairs, blankets and quilts to sit comfortably and enjoy sermons by three preachers and musical performances by:
• Tim and Lisa Wheeler, Abilene
• Jaidyn Laborde, Fordland, Missouri
• Jimmy and Debbie Riley/Riley Ministries, Jourdanton, Texas
• Heather Van Deren, Milsap, Texas
• Still Blessed Quartet, Terrell, Texas
• Wyatt W. Nations, Cypress, Texas
• David Jordan/Dirt Road Ministries, Waco
• Mark K and The Cowboy Way, Comanche, Texas
• Pheyland and Natalie Barthen, Rendon, Texas
• Kelly Moore Music Ministry, Winnsboro, Texas
Each singer/group will be allowed 30 minutes on stage to either perform or preach. Kelly Moore Music Ministry will finish out the evening with an hour-long singing performance.
Lemons said it didn’t take long for the event to unfold in Stephenville.
“We had an event last month in Stanford,” he said. “As I left Gatesville, I got on my phone and I Googled the Stephenville Chamber of Commerce, I called and that’s all it took. The event was built in three days. It’s a God thing, but what God has shown me...this is just the beginning for Erath County. We’re talking revival. Be a part of this celebration. Come out for the gospel singing, share with the Lord and just enjoy a day at the park.”
Ice chests are allowed but no glass containers or alcohol will be permitted at the event.