Stephenville FFA announces national finalists
Stephenville FFA announced proficiency award and agriscience fair national finalists on Tuesday, Sept. 1.
Proficiency awards are given to members who maintain an exemplary Supervised Experience Program. Many hours and dollars are spent in these projects. There were eight Stephenville FFA members that earned a state championship and were evaluated on the national level.
Four Stephenville FFA members were named National Finalists and will compete for a National Championship. Jettie Funderburgh in the Agricultural Processing Division, Cason Love in the Agriculture Services Division, Brady Tuggle in the Environmental Science and Natural Resources Management Division and Maggie McGregor in the Nursery Operations Division were all named in the top four in the nation of their respective categories.
Additional results are as follows; Reese Wilson was ranked Gold in the Animal Systems Research Division, Cade Davis was ranked Silver in the Turf Grass Management Division, Chloe Krause was ranked Silver in the Plant Systems Research Division and Esmae Velsen was ranked Silver in the Dairy Placement Category.
AGRISCIENCE FAIR NATIONAL FINALISTS
In the Agriscience Fair, FFA members pick a topic, form a research question and conduct an experiment to test their hypotheses. State champion Agriscience Fair individuals and teams were evaluated at the national level to select a final 10 projects to compete for a national championship.
All nine Stephenville FFA projects that were sent to the National level were selected as the top ten in the Nation and will be competing for a National championship. The individuals and teams that have received this honor are listed below.
- Maggie McGregor: Animal Systems Division 5
- Mayte Perez: Food Products & Processing Systems Division 3
- Livi Leinhauser: Food Products & Processing Systems Division 5
- Esmae Velsen and KK Osinga: Food Products & Processing Systems Division 6
- Chloe Krause: Plant Systems Division 5
- Nirjal Upadayay: Power & Structural Systems Division 5
- Kirsten Cline: Social Systems Division 3
- Ryan Hess: Social Systems Division 5
- Cade Davis and Kyle Styron: Social Systems Division 6