ABILENE - Kayla Gregory scored twice after Caitlin Cline broke a 0-0 tie in the second half and Stephenville dominated Brownwood 3-0 in the Class 4A Region I sectionals at Shotwell Stadium Thursday night.

The Honeybees, now 22-4-2 on the season, advance to the regional quarterfinals to face either El Paso Ysleta or El Paso Chapin next week.

Cline's goal came just 23 seconds into the second half.  It broke a 0-0 halftime tie after the Bees were unable to take advantage of a handful of early scoring opportunities.

The first heavy pressure from Stephenville came less than three minutes into the contest, but  Cline's centering pass was just out of the reach of Gregory.

Brownwood's RaeLee Taylor missed wide right on a free kick at the 29:25 mark and Stephenville went back to work with Gregory getting a shot on goal that was saved by Brownwood keeper Sheldyn Miller with 27:32 left in the opening half.

The Honeybees kept the pressure on and picked up a free kick that missed just wide to the left with 25:07 on the clock before a shot on goal by Melanie Tucker was saved.

Miller then made another Brownwood save when a shot by Cline bounced off her hands and she picked it up on the hop to prevent it from entering the goal with 23:14 to go.

Mikah Smith clanged one off the right post with 20:57 left, and Brownwood escaped after nine minutes of constant SHS pressure.

Mariah Cortez missed just wide with 14:39 on the clock and then put one on goal that Miller blocked at 11:42.

With just under eight minutes left, a pass by Cline just missed a lunging Foster.

Cline then led another charge a minute later, but a rolling shot was picked up by Miller in front of the net and Brownwood survived again.

The Lady Lions finally had a scoring opportunity with just under four minutes left but had one shot blocked in front of the net by a Stephenville defender before Hillari Chambers saved Brownwood's first true shot on goal with 3:28 to go.

"I just told them to stay patient and keep hammering," second-year  Stephenville head coach Casey Weil said of his halftime conversation with his team.  "It was just a matter of time." 

After Cline's early second half goal - which was hammered into the upper part of the net - gave Stephenville the edge, Brownwood's Kinsey Johnson missed just upstairs with a potential game-tying shot with 36:15 left in the game.

Gregory then took over with a high hard shot that Miller never had a chance on in net, making it 2-0 with 31:42 left.

The sophomore then struck again with the final tally in the 57th minute to put the Bees in complete control.  Senior Mariah Cortez had the assists on both Gregory's goals.

"We knew we would have lots of chances," said Weil, whose club continues its longest playoff run in the nine-year history of the program.  "We know if we can keep getting the ball to our two forwards (Gregory and Cline), they'll eventually tuck one in there, and they did."