A Top 10 finish this past weekend by two Tarleton State University Bass Club anglers has earned the student organization a second slot in the 2019 Fishing League Worldwide (FLW) College Fishing National Championship.
Tarleton’s Hayden Pittman of Bergheim, Texas, and Jarrett Robertson of Kerrville finished ninth out of 91 teams on Sunday, April 8, at the YETI FLW College Fishing tournament on Lake Texoma near Denison. The pair of anglers received $200 in winnings at the scales.
The Bass Club duo earned a berth into the college fishing national championship with a five-bass limit weighing 17 pounds, 3 ounces—a mere 2 pounds, 1 ounce behind the tournament champions from Northeastern State University (Okla.).
The Top 10 teams from this past weekend’s FLW College Fishing tournament advance to next year’s national championship. Tarleton Bass Club members Chad Jones and Graham Godwin also earned a slot in the 2019 FLW College Fishing National Championship following a first place finish in January on Sam Rayburn Reservoir.
In addition to Pittman and Robertson’s ninth-place finish, the Tarleton Bass Club was represented in the FLW tournament by:
• Nick Prestwood and Jacob David – 18th, 15-pounds, 10-ounces (five fish)
• Dylan Jebousek and Justin Faterkowski – 23rd, 15-pounds, 2-ounces (five fish)
• Jared Stone and Matthew Ford – 38th, 12-pounds, 15-ounces (four fish)
• Chad Jones and Graham Godwin – 40th, 12-pounds, 12-ounces (five fish)
• Tucker Sargent and Wyatt Young – 54th, 10-pounds, 2-ounces (five fish)
• Reid Smith and Cason Kelly – 56th, 9-pounds, 12-ounces (four fish).
Tarleton’s Bass Club competes in FLW’s Southern Conference.