The Stephenville noon Lions Cub will be inducting five past Stephenville High School athletes and coaches to the Athletic Hall of Fame on Oct. 14.
“We are so excited to have the following inductees,” said club member Frances Looney. “We would like to invite the community to celebrate with us.”
The event will be held at 11:30 a.m. Friday, Oct. 14, at City Hall at City Limits.
Tickets can be purchased from any Lions Club Member for $15. Tickets include lunch.
The inductees include:
• Makayla Elliott Hart was a two-sport letterman from 2005-08. She played middle blocker for the varsity volleyball team from 2005-07.
• Allison Snow excelled in softball all four years of high school, and was extremely versatile, playing in multiple positions.
• Trey Taylor is Stephenville’s only four-year varsity letterman in both football and basketball. He also excelled in track.
• Coach Randall Edwards came to Stephenville in the fall of 1990 to coach football and track.
• Barbara Shipp Leesley lettered three years in basketball and was a starting forward as a junior on the state championship team in 1968.