For the third time in less than a month, Eastland County resident Roy Johnson, 67, was arrested by the Eastland County Sheriff’s Department late last week. According to Sheriff Wayne Bradford, Johnson once again violated the terms of his bond agreement when he crossed property lines and treaded on Silver Star I, the windfarm, operated by BP America and Clipper Windpower, Inc.

Johnson was first arrested on April 5 on three separate charges. He was charged with one count of criminal mischief, over $20,000 and under $100,000, a third degree felony offense, when he damaged a turbine located on a portion of the windfarm that borders his own property.

Johnson was also charged with assault causing bodily injury to a BP employee, a class A misdemeanor. BP America sources recently said that in addition to the criminal charges, Johnson might be faced with a lawsuit from the windfarm employee who was injured when Johnson drove through a fence and the fencing wire wrapped around the employee’s truck and then injured him. Representatives with BP America have declined to comment on the case due to the ongoing criminal investigation.

Finally, Johnson was charged with criminal mischief for destroying a fence, a state jail felony.

Johnson was arrested the second time April 8. A warrant for his arrest was reissued on the same charges when local officials decided that he was a potential danger to himself and others involved in the case. It was alleged that on two separate occasions Johnson fired his gun in the direction of the windfarm and its employees. As a part of his bond conditions on the second arrest, Johnson was ordered to give up his guns before he could be released from jail. Johnson refused to relinquish his firearms for several days. But after spending almost a week behind bars, he turned over his weapons and was released from jail on April 14.

Several conditions were again put on Johnson’s bond, including an order to stay away from the windfarm. Last Thursday, he violated that order and Justice of the Peace Ronnie White issued a warrant for Johnson’s arrest, the third arrest on the same set of charges. Johnson spent only one night in jail and was released after posting property bonds. For damage to the turbine, the bond amount was set at $40,000; for destroying the fence, the bond was $15,000 and for injuring the windfarm employee, the bond $10,000.

When contacted by the Empire-Tribune, Johnson refused to comment on the case.