A man with a lengthy criminal history was indicted Tuesday for possession of child pornography by an Erath County grand jury.
Louis Lance Lawson, 41, is facing four third-degree felony counts while he remains behind bars at the Erath County Jail held on a $50,000 bond.
District Attorney Alan Nash said the case stemmed from an investigation with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which conducted a trace on IP addresses known to have downloaded child pornography.
“One of the IP addresses came back to Burger King,” Nash said. “Lawson was working there at the time and it was discovered that on his breaks, he was using his cellphone to view child pornography.”
If convicted, Lawson faces up to 40 years in prison - 10 years for each count.
Lawson’s criminal history dates back to 2004 when he was arrested for burglary of a building and theft.
Over the years he was also arrested for credit card abuse, driving while intoxicated, public intoxication and burglary of a vehicle.
The grand jury also indicted 14 others including:
• Isaiah Jordan Cares, theft of a firearm, state jail felony
• Martin Ignacio Delgado, assault (family violence), third degree felony
• John Galen Dittoe, forgery (by passing), third degree felony, and theft (from elderly), third degree felony
• Zane David Hallmark, possession of a substance (enhanced), state jail felony
• Alejandro Manuel Holguín, forgery (by making), state jail felony
• Juan Avery Labrado, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, second degree felony
• Paytlyn Victoria Melton, tampering with evidence, third degree felony
• Zachary Durrall Ryon, driving while intoxicated (with previous intoxication manslaughter conviction), third degree felony
• Jeff Onofre Sisney, unlawful possession of a firearm (by a felon), third degree felony
• Triston Ray Stanley, theft of a firearm, state jail felony
• Byron Kenneth Thurman Jr., possession of a substance, second degree felony, and tampering with evidence, third degree felony
• Bailey Marie Wagner, possession of a substance, state jail felony
• Charles Douglas Weinrick, theft of a firearm, state jail felony.
• Tonya Elizabeth Young, manufacture or delivery of a substance, state jail felony.