Stephenville resident Alyssa Litwin was brought back to the Erath County Jail Tuesday from Wichita Falls where she was arrested Friday in connection with a deadly accident that claimed the lives of two young sisters.

Her bond has been set at $160,000; $20,000 for each of the eight felony counts she is facing 

Nash would not comment on why Litwin was in Wichita Falls Friday when she was taken into custody.

Litwin is accused of causing the accident that claimed the lives of two young sisters, five-year-old Codie and nine-month-old Charli Sackett, on Dec. 3.

Their mother, Carrie Sackett, was seriously injured and transported by air to a Fort Worth hospital. 

Litwin’s charges include two counts of manslaughter, four counts of endangering a child (One for each of the four children involved in the accident. Two survived, two did not), one count of aggravated assault (related to Carrie Sackett’s injuries) and one count of tampering with evidence.

The official complaint against Litwin alleges that she was on her cell phone at the time of the accident.

A forensic examination of her phone reportedly shows that she sent her husband a text message at 3:30 p.m. and then a series of Facebook messages at 3:31 p.m.

The complaint states that the first call to the Erath County Sheriff’s Office reporting the crash was made at 3:33 p.m.

Litwin admitted to an investigator on scene that she deleted a string of text messages immediately following the accident. 

The complaint states that the officer said to Litwin, “Seems suspicious that you deleted the messages,” and Litwin replied, “Absolutely. I…I mean from your point of view I can completely see how that would be suspicious.”

District Attorney Alan Nash issued a rare statement on the case following Litwin’s arrest.

“We should all be chastened by this horrific, completely avoidable catastrophe for the Sackett family and put our cell phones away when we are driving,” Nash said. 

If convicted, Litwin faces up to 20 years in prison.