The TexAnns will rue some missed opportunities after falling in double overtime Thursday night to Lone Star Conference leaders Eastern New Mexico. 

In the early goings of the first half, the TexAnns dominated both sides of the court. 

At the 6:24 mark of the first quarter, Tarleton had already built an 8-0 lead while holding the Lone Star Conference leaders scoreless. 

Unfortunately for Tarleton, the Greyhounds' struggles wouldn't last. 

By the end of the quarter Eastern New Mexico not only managed to cut their deficit, but took a one-point, 14-13 lead into the intermission. 

With a close game on both team's hands, each team seemed up to the fight.

Over the course of the second quarter, the teams recorded 10 lead changes and saw their scores tied six times. Eventually, Tarleton outscored the Greyhounds 17-14 in the period to take a 30-28 lead into halftime. 

Early in the third quarter, the Greyhounds once again snatched the momentum as they built their largest lead of the game to that point, a five point, 41-36 advantage. It wasn't long before the TexAnns went on a run of their own though outscoring Eastern New Mexico 13-4 over the final 2:27 of the quarter to take a 49-45 lead into the final 10 minutes of play. 

Both offenses somewhat stalled for the fourth quarter. 

The teams combined for only six points over the first 5:05 of the period. With 2:08 remaining, the TexAnns led by three, 58-55, but Eastern New Mexico used a 6-0 run to take a three point 61-58 lead with 27 seconds remaining. 

The TexAnns had one final chance to tie the game after Eastern New Mexico failed to make two free throws. Mackenzie Hailey took the inbound pass and found guard Bailey Wipff in the corner who drained the game tying three point. 

Tied at 61, the TexAnns entered the overtime period with the momentum, but it was Eastern New Mexico who took a 66-64 lead with time running out. A late opportunity arose once again though for Tarleton and this time it was Ikpeaku Iwobi who hit a shot a floater near the low block with ten seconds remaining to force a second overtime period. 

The Greyhounds were the team who finally took control of the game in the second overtime period as they outscored Tarleton 15-10 to clinch a 81-76 win. 

The TexAnns were led by guard Bailey Wipff and front court players Mackenzie Hailey and Ikpeaku Iwobi. Wippf and Iwobi each scored 20 points, while Hailey added 19. 

The TexAnns are now 9-10 on the season and 8-5 in LSC play. They'll be back in action on Saturday at 2 p.m. against Western New Mexico.