Just about everything will be closed on Christmas Day, however, if you're looking for a hot meal you can still get one all day at Castillo’s Rio Grande Cafe, and Jake & Dorothy’s will open its door up at 5 p.m. for dinner.
Since Christmas falls on Sunday this year, many of the places on the list would be closed anyway, but a lot of them will be closed the next day, Monday, Dec. 26th as well, so you might want to call before you go.
Here’s a look at major area closures:
• Stephenville ISD, Dublin ISD, Lingleville ISD, Tarleton and Ranger College.
• Government offices - county and city - except for emergency personnel such as fire and police - will be closed for Christmas and on Monday.
• Local banks will be closed on Monday.
• Local post offices are closed on Monday.
• The offices of the Stephenville Empire-Tribune will be closed on Christmas Eve through Monday.
• Cinemark Stephenville Cinema 6 movie theaters are open Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and on Monday, Dec. 26.
Most retailers and grocery stores will be closed on Christmas day but open on Monday. On Christmas Eve, HEB closes at 8 p.m., Walmart at 6 p.m., and Brookshire Bros. in Dublin closes at 7 p.m. All three are closed on Christmas Day but open with regular hours on Monday.
Merry Christmas from the staff at the Stephenville Empire-Tribune!