Veterans Day is Friday and it’s held each year on Nov. 11, the day World War I ended. Veterans Day honors the service of all living and dead U.S. veterans, whether they served in combat or not.
It is a national holiday and as such various businesses and offices are closed.
Here are some details of what’s open and what’s closed in our area on Veterans Day:
• Stephenville ISD, Dublin ISD and Lingleville ISD are all in session.
• Government offices - county and city, except for emergency personnel such as fire and police - will be closed.
• Closings will include local banks and post offices.
• The office of the Stephenville Empire-Tribune will be open.
• Most retailers and grocery stores will be open for normal business hours. However businesses owned by veterans, or those who have veterans in the family may be closed.
Therefore, it’s probably not a bad idea to call ahead if you’re unsure if a business will be open on Veterans Day.