Ranger College is hosting its 2nd annual Pie Fest Bake Off on Thursday, Nov. 17, and this year they’re adding a pie-eating contest.
Head wrangler of the Pie Fest is Ranger psychology professor Crystal Rose who says, ”Last year we had around 30 entries for the bake off and we’re hoping for as many as 20 in the pie eating contest. At this time we have five signed up so there’s plenty of room for more."
All proceeds benefit the Stephenville Education Foundation.
"If we hit our goal of 20 in the pie eating contest, that will raise another $100 for the foundation," Rose said. "And of course after the contest, we’ll be having a pie sale all day as well.”
If you’re an interested baker or muncher, you can download an entry form at Ranger’s Facebook page or you can pick up a form at the Ranger College office on Lingleville Hwy or get it by emailing crose@RangerCollege.edu.
Here are the details of the baking contest:
• $5 entry fee per pie
• You can enter up to four
• The pie[s] must be homemade - no store-bought or pre-made from the freezer pies
• All pies must be sweet - no savory pies
• Bakers can drop off pies on Wed., Nov. 16
• Judging will be Nov. 17 from 10-11 a.m.
• Pies will be judged by the TEXAS method:
• Taste + Execution + Appearance = Score
The details of the pie eating contest are:
• $5 entry fee per person
• To enter, email crose@RangerCollege.edu by Nov. 14
• The winner is the person who eats the most pie in the ten-minute time limit.
• Each contestant will eat only one pie
• All contestants will get a prize.
For more information, call Rose at 254-396-1703.