Erath County commissioners met Monday to approve bids for several services the county needs.
“This is routine; when contracts with various vendors expire, we put those services up for bids, and we are formally opening the bids we have received and are voting on those today," County Judge Tab Thompson explained.
Those bids included:
• HVAC– awarded to Easter Air for air conditioning services for all county buildings including the jail in the amount of $6,522 for the year
• Pest control for county buildings to All Star Pest Pros in the amount of $1,320 for the year
• Erath County Dublin Annex cleaning/janitorial services awarded to J.C. Rutledge in the amount of $300 per month
• Uniforms for various county personnel awarded to Universe Uniforms in the approximate amount of $200 per month. [The exact amount is determined as needed on a month-by-month basis.]
• Services for the Jail Commissary was awarded to Lone Star Services in an amount that is determined by gross sales each month
Other items addressed were approval of a belly dump trailer from the vendor Buy Board and approval of a preliminary plat for expansion at Lost Creek RV Park.
Lost Creek RV Park, which sits on Hwy. 281, is owned by Gene Bates who explained, “This is not an expansive addition. We’re just planning on increasing the number of RV lots and adding some more cabins to the park.”