Erath County commissioners met Monday to unanimously approve a budget of $24,040,191.02 for the coming fiscal year, a slight increase over the FY 2015-16 budget of approximately $23.5 million.
Commissioners also adopted a tax rate of 47 cents, which is the same effective rate as last year’s, approved proposed salaries for elected Erath County officials and the pay scale for all county employees.
“I want to thank the elected officials and staff for all their hard work on this. We are very fortunate to have them," said Judge Tab Thompson. “This is not our money. We are the fiduciaries of the people’s money. We are here to make sure the people of Erath County have what they need, not just what we want. That is reflected in this budget.”
The Commissioners Court also approved several other agenda items including:
• Final plat for the Lonesome Dove RV park on Lingleville Hwy
• Granting a request by the county jail to go out for bids on the Jail Commissary
• A redrawing of fire districts by the Erath County Volunteer Fire Department
• Creation and distribution of new maps to reflect the redrawn districts
• A request by Precinct 4 to go out for bids for a new haul truck.