Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. PNEUMONIA DIAGNOSIS FUELS QUESTIONS ABOUT CLINTON'S HEALTH
For weeks, the Democratic presidential candidate dismissed questions about her health as little more than a conspiracy theory. Those concerns are unavoidable now.
2. SYRIA CEASE-FIRE A POSSIBLE INFLECTION POINT AMID DOUBTS
Brokered by the U.S. and Russia, the truce has received mixed messages of commitment from various rebel factions on the ground but with verbal backing by Assad's government.
3. WHAT SEOUL SAYS PYONGYANG IS CAPABLE OF
North Korea has the capability to detonate another nuclear device anytime at one of its unused tunnels at the country's main atomic test site.
4. OBAMA TO HOST CAPITOL HILL LEADERSHIP
The U.S. president's meeting with congressional leaders comes as lawmakers face a month's-end deadline to fund the government or face a shutdown.
5. WHO IS CRUSADING AGAINST BIG FOOD
None other than Big Food and it's resonating as food has become a major political and social issue.
6. US FAMILIES SPEND MORE ON CHILD CARE FOR TWO KIDS THAN ON HOUSING
And if you're a woman, it's likely you earn less than your male colleagues even though 1 in 4 households with kids relies on mom as the sole or primary breadwinner.
7. SURGE IN ER VISITS FOR INJURIES, CONCUSSIONS FROM SOCCER
Injuries on the pitch have sent soaring numbers of U.S. kids to emergency rooms, a trend driven partly by young players with concussions, a study finds.
8. ECONOMISTS: GROWTH EXPECTED, BUT CONCERNS REMAIN
Experts point to lower expectations for business investment and worries about the outcome of November's U.S. presidential election.
9. NEW MISS AMERICA HAS ADVICE FOR TRUMP, CLINTON
Savvy Shields of Arkansas says: "I hope that at the end of my year (with the crown), we're starting to reward politicians for compromise."
10. NO BRADY, NO PROBLEM FOR PATRIOTS
In his first NFL start, Jimmy Garoppolo completes 24 of 33 passes for 264 yards and a touchdown and New England beats Arizona 23-21.