As most of us know, Labor Day is a national holiday in the USA that falls − according to federal law − on the first Monday in September each year.
Because of Labor Day’s legal-holiday status, lots of businesses, virtually all non-essential public offices, banks and credit unions will be closed on Sept. 5 for the celebration.
Here's a list of local establishments to help remind you who's NOT going to be at work this Monday:
• All schools [public and private]
• Stephenville City Hall and all other city offices
• All county, state and federal offices [except for first responders such as fire, EMS and law enforcement]
• Local banks, credit unions and the post office
• The office of the Stephenville Empire-Tribune
By the way, the E-T checked with Walmart and HEB in Stephenville, and Brookshire Brothers in Dublin and they all WILL be open and operating during their regular business hours on Labor Day.
And again, a reminder: Many private businesses do close for Labor Day so it’s probably a good idea to call ahead and make certain the business you want to stop by is going to be open.
Happy Labor Day!