Hico is gearing up for its 130th annual Old Settler’s Reunion with festivities beginning in just two weeks. The family-friendly event will boast all kinds of cool stuff to do, so grab the kids and head that way.
Here are a few highlights:
• The reunion will kick off Tuesday, July 19, with a Citizen of the Year banquet at 6 p.m. in the Hico High School cafeteria. It will be catered by Greer’s Ranch Cafe. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased at Mills County State Bank.
• The fairest one of all will be crowned Little Miss Hico during a pageant that takes place at 6 p.m. Wednesday under the pavilion at Hico City Park.
• The fun really gets rolling Thursday with a carnival at 6 p.m. at city park, parade at 7 p.m. in downtown Hico and talent show at 8 p.m. at city park.
• Friday’s festivities include the carnival, concert and dance, horse shoe pitching contest and bingo. It all wraps up Saturday with a fun run at 8 a.m., student reunion, disc golf tournament and lawn mower races.
• Admission prices vary from $1-$5 depending on the day and age of the festival-goer. Parking is $5.