See what's happening in your town!
• The fabulous dance band Nugroove will be at Newman Hall in Stephenville for this year’s “island paradise” charity gala. Dress is tropical, dinner, dancing and setups are included. Prices are the same as last year at $30/person, $60/couple or corporate sponsored tables are $300. Party is BYOB and proceeds go to Council 10816’s charity fund.
• The Lingleville Community Homecoming will be held at the Tabernacle. The volunteer fire department will host a fish fry beginning at 6 p.m. Donations are accepted. There will also be a silent auction and door prizes will be awarded.
• There will be a benefit garage sale beginning at 8 a.m. at Randy’s Small Engine and Mower Repair in Stephenville. Proceeds will benefit Brook Hardy who is battling multiple sclerosis. Donations are accepted.
• If you registered for school supplies in July, you may pick up your kit from 9 a.m.-noon in the Fellowship Hall at the First United Methodist Church, across from City Hall. If you missed registration dates, you may come at 12 p.m. to see if there are extra supplies available. All unclaimed supplies will be given away on a first-come, first served basis.
• The American Legion Post 240 and Auxiliary Unit 240 will hold their regular meeting at 7 p.m. at the Post home. Boys state and Girls state representatives will be on hand to give their reports.
• The Stephenville High School Class of 1969 is hosting a class reunion. If you are a member of this class, please contact Bob Scott at (970) 216-2512 or Mike Cranford at (719) 963-0511 for more information.
• VFW post 9181 and Ladies Auxiliary will have their monthly meeting at 7 p.m. A meal will be served at 6 p.m. If you served in any war zone, you and your spouse are welcome to attend. New members are welcome.
• The Red Hat Travelers will head to Glen Rose for a long day of shopping and lunch. The group will leave the Senior Citizen Center at 10 a.m. For more information, contact Glenda Jackson at 965-6528 or Norma Stephens at 968-3215.
• Stephenville Cross Timbers Scottish Rite Club will have a meeting at 7:30 p.m. Dinner will be served at 6:30. Bring a covered dish or dessert. The club will provide meat, bread and drinks. This is an open meeting and guests are welcome.
Saturday, September 19
• First Baptist Church of Stephenville is having a "Great Giveaway" from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Paradigm parking lot. The great giveaway is a garage sale unlike any other - everything is free.