Stephenville’s Fire Department performed two separate high-water rescues Tuesday night, plucking four people from rising water in or around their homes.
“There were two separate calls, one at 10:34 p.m. and the other at 10:58 p.m., both from people in the 400 block of Morgan Mill Road,” said Fire Chief Jimmy Chew.
He said the flooding appeared to have been caused by an overloaded culvert under a bridge in the area.
“There was no water inside one of the homes, but the people couldn’t get out of their yard and called us. We got two adults out on that call," Chew said. “The other call did involve water inside the home and we got two adults out of there and moved some pets, too.”
No injuries were reported.
“We’re not out of this yet; it looks like there’s more coming this week, so we really want to remind people to be cautious and do not under any circumstances try to cross rising water,” Chew said.