Are you interested in giving this holiday season? The Stephenville Chamber of Commerce has compiled a few suggestions on ways you can brighten someone's holiday season.
• Become a volunteer advocate. Donate to the training program or serve as a board member for CASA for the Cross Timbers Area. For more information call Judy Walker at 254-965-6610 or visit www.casacta.org.
• Christmas toys are needed at Choices Life Resource Center from newborns to ages 2. Diapers and wipes are always appreciated and volunteer opportunities are available. For more information call Ashley Graves at 254-965-6031 or visit www.ChoicesInLife.org.
• Donate large drawing pads, washable poster paints, painting supplies, Crayola brand crayons, H.E.B. gift cards and small stockings to Cross Timbers Family Services. Give help to victims of violent crime. For more information call Jodee Lucero at 254-965-5516 or visit www.ctfshelp.org.
• Raise funds for local non-profit agencies and improve their quality of life for the citizens. Make a tax-deductible donation and help Erath County United Way reach this year’s goal. For more information call Lisa Scroggins at 254-965-4429 or visit www.erathcountyuw.org.
• Assist residents with groceries, utility bills and rent throughout the year through Grace Place. For more information call 254-965-4022 or visit them at 365 W. Tarleton Street.
• Helping Other People Effectively (H.O.P.E.) accepts donations of food and clothing year-round. Fore more information contact Jill Scott at 254-965-2700 or visit H.O.P.E. at 1617 E. Washington Street.
• Volunteers are needed at Meals on Wheels. Monetary donations are always accepted. Christmas meal service will be provided by Faith Lutheran Church on Christmas Eve. Call the church at 254-968-2710 or Cindy Stafford at 918-1212 to get involved.
• The Pantry and More provides food for people in need. Funds are also needed for Bibles to be taken to Mexico and gently used toys for newborns to age 12. Monetary donations are appreciated. For more information call Tom Shelton at 254-592-9696 or visit The Pantry at 1599 E. Washington St.