Lone Star Ag Credit recently awarded scholarships to six college-bound students in its 48-county territory. The recipients of this year’s $2,500 scholarships are Morgan Cavitt of Stephenville, Lucas Chipman of Paris, Kelby Cole of Pattonville, Chandler Gordon of Itasca, Mason Irvin of Godley, and Blair McCowen of Snyder.
“Seeing these talented students eager about furthering their education and promoting agriculture is a treat at this time of year,” said Lone Star Chief Executive Officer Troy Bussmeir. “We are proud to help these outstanding and deserving young people, and we extend them our warmest congratulations.”
All six students will head off to college this fall:
• Morgan Cavitt, a graduate of Stephenville High School, will attend Tarleton State University to major in music education.
• Lucas Chipman and Kelby Cole are both graduates of Prairiland High School. Chipman will attend Baylor University, where he will pursue a biology/pre-med degree, and Cole will attend the University of North Texas in Denton.
• A graduate of Hillsboro High School, Chandler Gordon plans to attend Tarleton State University.
• Mason Irvin is a Godley High School graduate who will attend Texas A&M University to major in animal science.
• An Ira High School graduate, Blair McCowen will attend Western Texas College.