The importance of the burn ban was proven Monday afternoon when a county resident working with a metal grinder sparked a grassfire that threatened a number of homes in the Sherwood Forest Estates.
Erath County Volunteer Fire Rescue was notified just before 2 p.m. Monday of a grassfire off County Road 456 near Oakdale. When units from Erath County and Oakdale Volunteer Fire Department arrived on scene, they were unable to reach the fire due to fences and overgrown brush blocking their paths.
You must login to view the full content on this page.
Sara Vanden Berge is the managing editor of the Empire-Tribune. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @ETeditor.