A family living on Private Road 1652 woke Monday morning to smoke and flames. After running outside and calling 9-1-1, they huddled together and watched as their home burned to the ground.
"They were lucky to make it out safely, but they lost everything," said Erath County Volunteer Fire Rescue Coordinator Chris Gable. "By the time units arrived on scene the structure was completely involved."
You must login to view the full content on this page.
Sara Vanden Berge is the managing editor of the Empire-Tribune. She can be reached at email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter @ETeditor.