An Erath County grand jury indicted 15 individuals Thursday, including a couple arrested for possession of a controlled substance and child endangerment, one man for aggravated assault with injury and another for intoxication assault.
Curtis Lynn Green Jr., 37, and Stephanie Anne (Mayfield) Green, 40, were indicted for possession of less than one gram of methamphetamine following their arrest in June by the Erath County Sheriff’s Office.
According to Assistant District Attorney Sterling Harmon, the indictment alleges that a child in the couple’s care tested positive for having meth in its system.
The couple has been charged with possession and endangering a child.
Kenneth William Campbell Lewis, 21, of Dublin, was indicted for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony, and evading arrest, a third-degree felony.
Lewis was arrested in September after he allegedly assaulted and threatened to kill his girlfriend.
According to Stephenville Police Chief Roy Halsell, Lewis drove the woman to a secluded location, forced the victim out of the car and ordered her to stand on a guardrail. He made a failed attempt at striking the woman with a roofing hammer and the victim fell from a bridge into a creek bed below.
After reporting the incident, the woman was taken to the hospital by law enforcement officials. Lewis arrived at the emergency room and was chased by police and apprehended in Comanche County by Dublin police.
Mario Rudy Vara, 25, of Walnut Springs, was indicted for aggravated assault with serious bodily injury, a second-degree felony.
Vara allegedly assaulted James Harrell Lamance, Jr., 36, of Boyd, at the Larry Joe Taylor Music Fest in April. Lamance suffered severe head trauma and was transported by air from Melody Mountain Ranch to a Fort Worth hospital.
Leonardo Briseno, 25, was indicted for intoxication assault, a third-degree felony.
Briseno was arrested after he allegedly led a Stephenville police officer on a chase that ended when he lost control and flipped his vehicle on CR 387.
Briseno escaped the wreckage, but a female passenger had to be extricated from the vehicle and was taken by air ambulance to a Fort Worth hospital. The passenger suffered extensive injuries to her legs and feet.
Also indicted were:
• Joshua Shane Jodray, 23, for sexual assault, a second-degree felony.
• Channing James Kappel, 22, for aggravated assault, a second-degree felony. Kappel allegedly assaulted his 20-year-old girlfriend at Bosque Crossing Apartments.
• Kayla Penelope Lane, 17, for forgery (by passing), a state jail felony.
• Mickle Duane Lowery, 32, for sexual assault, a second-degree felony.
• Jordan Michael Nail, 19, for credit or debit card abuse, a state jail felony.
• Dewann Gene Robison, 21, for possession of a controlled substance in penalty group one (less than one gram), a state jail felony.
• Juanita Valdez Romero, 46, for fraudulent use or possession of identifying information, a state jail felony.
• Victor Abimbola Tokunboh, 24, for manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance in penalty group two, a second-degree felony.
• Mark Sauceda Valenzuela, 20, for theft of a firearm, a state jail felony.
• Keith Lynn Wood II, 28, for evading arrest or detention (with a vehicle), a state jail felony.