Special to the E-T
The First Christian Church of Stephenville is once again designated as a collection center for one of the largest Christmas benefit projects worldwide - Operation Christmas Child, which annually provides Christmas gifts to needy children in more than 95 countries.
Last year, over 6.5 million boxes were delivered, with more than 1,000 boxes collected in Erath and surrounding counties alone by individuals, school groups, church groups, civic, and social organizations.
This year the National Collection Week runs from Nov. 17 - 22.
To donate, follow the procedure below and deliver the boxes between the hours of 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. to the First Christian Church, located at 450 W. Tarleton Street:
• Decide if the shoe box should go to a boy or a girl.
• Select a child’s age from ages 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14.
• Fill an empty shoe box or snap-on lid plastic container with small toys,
candy, school supplies, hygiene items or other non-perishables a child might enjoy. Please note that used items, war-related toys, perishable or breakable items should not be included.
• Add a $7 check for shipping, made payable to Samaritan’s purse.
• If a box is wrapped, please wrap the lid and box separately and secure them with a rubber band.
For more information, go to www.samaritanspurse.org or call 254-965-4878 or 254-592-5301.