COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) — Autopsy results show a Texas A&M University student whose body was found last year at his fraternity house died of an accidental drug and alcohol overdose.
The Brazos (BRAZ'-uhs) County Sheriff's Office says Sigma Phi Epsilon member Matthew Hayes of Beaumont was discovered unresponsive Dec. 6 in his bedroom.
The Travis County Medical Examiner's Office on Monday said the 20-year-old sophomore died of a lethal mixture of alcohol and drugs, including hydrocodone. The death was ruled accidental.
Authorities say Hayes attended a formal event the night of Dec. 5 in Bryan, then returned to the fraternity house in College Station. Other members believed Hayes was asleep the next day until he missed an afternoon function and his body was found.
Autopsy: Texas A&M fraternity member died of alcohol, drugs
Jul 11, 2017 at 12:59 PM Jul 11, 2017 at 12:59 PM