One of the biggest attractions in Stephenville is the city’s wildly-popular water park Splashville — and it’s time to get out those swimsuits and filp-flops because gates open for the 2017 summer season on Monday, May 8.
Among the favorite features for Splashville goers are:
• A splash and zero entry area that has fun water features like water bugs,
water cannons, tipping buckets, mushroom waterfalls and a three foot slide
• A larger four-foot deep pool features a 16-foot slide, an 8-foot slide and a lily pad walk way
• A 275 foot-long lazy river inflatable-tube ride
• A concession stand offering a variety of treats
• Birthday party packages and other special events
Recreation coordinator Cherisa Verastigue — called "C.V.” by just about everybody — rides heard on Splashville and says she and her lifeguards are raring to go.
“We are excited for this summer,” C.V. said. “We are making a lot of fun and colorful changes and are looking forward to this being the best summer yet.”
Regular admission is free for kids two and under, $5 for swimmers and non-swimmers, seniors [65 and up] and military families are $3, and twilight fee [5 to 6 p.m.] is $2 — but it’s not too late to beat even those low prices.
As C.V. explains, “We have the ‘individual pass’ sale going on until May 8th and we’ve sold quite a few.”
Here’s the breakdown on those passes:
• 5 visits — $20
• 10 visits — $38
• 20 visits — $70
• Unlimited season pass if bought before May 8 — $75
C.V. says there’s also a family pass available for $225 for a family of four — all members must reside in the same household. Family members may be added at $10 each with a maximum of 6 members per pass — and splashers can add a babysitter for $15.
• Monday—Saturday: 12 — 6 p.m. [Monday Mania $3]
• Sunday — 1 to 6 p.m.
• Tuesday and Thursday 6 — 8 p.m. [after hours]