• The German-Texan Heritage Society will sponsor a German Genealogy seminar at Trinity Lutheran Church in Waco. The church is located at 10 Ritchie Road on the west side of Waco. The program begins at 9 a.m. and includes a variety of topics to help those who are seeking to trace their ancestry through local, national and international sources. Registration before March 10 costs $40 and includes lunch and snacks. Add $5 if paying at the door. For more information contact the German-Texan Heritage Society at 866-482-4847 or visit www.germantexans.org.
• Victory Baptist Church is proud to have the opportunity to offer "Fireproof" the movie Tickets are free call the church office 965-3087, Renee at 254-485-1191 or speak to any member of Victory Baptist Church to receive your ticket. Don't miss this opportunity to FIREPROOF YOUR MARRIAGE! www.victorybaptiststephenville.com
• The Turnbow-Higgs American Legion Post 240 and Auxiliary Unit 240 will hold their regular meeting at 7 p.m. at the Post home, 801 E. Washington Street.
• Due to Spring Break, the regularly scheduled meeting of the Stephenville 4-H Club has been moved to Tuesday, March 17th at 7:00. Please join us on the 17th as we host the Tarleton Area Amateur Radio Club with a terrific hands-on program.
• DL Youth Program is having ESL classes for Pre-K and caregivers from 8:30 to 11 a.m. at St. Brendan Catholic Church at 1444 W. Washing. For more information, call Crystal at (254) 352-1411.
• The Cross Timbers Human Resource Management Association will be hosting a seminar with Ouida Peterson, vice president of education. She will speak about CONEXIS on Cobra and the 25 new regulations. For more information, call (214) 674-7647.
• Free tax preparation is available for taxpayers through April 15th. The service is offered by local volunteers who are certified by the IRS and sponsored by AARP to assist seniors and by the IRS’s VITA program to assist low and middle-income taxpayers with filing basic tax forms. You do not have to be a member of AARP. There are three sites in Stephenville. The Senior Citizens Center at 164 E. College on Tuesdays, 8 - 11 a.m., beginning Feb. 3; the Stephenville Public Library at 174 N. Columbia on Wednesdays, 1 - 4 p.m., beginning Feb. 4; and at First Christian Church at 450 W. Tarleton on Saturdays, 8-11 a.m.
• There will be a benefit dance for Jaclyn (Creech) Wheeler at The Melody Oaks Ranch in Priddy. The dance will feature the Calvin Milburn Band. The dance will be held from 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Admission is $10 per person.
Monday, March 30
• Hamilton County Extension Education Clubs will hold their annual home and garden Spring Fling at the St. John Lutheran Church Family Life Building in Hamilton. The event will feature John Truehitt, Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation with FBI stories about personal security. There will be many demonstrations and a Master Gardener program entitled “Birds, Bulbs and Butterfiles”. The famous salad and dessert luncheon will also be held. Tickets are $8 and are sold at the door. For more information, contact Shirley Gerald at 254-386-3919.