We must re-elect Kenny Weldon Mayor of Stephenville. Why should you cast your vote for Mayor Weldon? His impeccable leadership skills are based on integrity, service to others and the pursuit of excellence to do the best for our community. In the two years as mayor, through his leadership and vision, much has been accomplished:
• Conservative 2013 city budget execution with $545,000 general fund surplus
• New commercial building application process to help builders
• Joint effort between the city, Chamber and STEDCO to improve economic development responsibilities, including coordination with Governor’s Office of Economic Development
• Grant approved by the National Park Service to create a master plan for the Bosque River Trail Corridor with a goal of enhancing education, restoration and recreation along 8+ miles of the river
• Development of a task force with the city, STEDCO, Chamber, and local businesses to address concerns in the building industry
• Regular meetings with county and Tarleton leadership to share information
• Annual Strategic Planning document to guide city council committee priorities
• City pay plan process and survey which was recently approved – the first one since 2009
• Alexander Road improvements
• New traffic light at Ollie and Washington
• Improved McIlhaney Street
• Emergency management training exercise between the Texas Guard, city and county officials
• Stephenville Connect, a program that matches TSU student organizations with local non-profit organizations to work together
• Over $1.5 million in TXDot and Texas Parks and Wildlife to extend the Bosque River Trail
• Town Hall with the Chamber of Commerce and STEDCO to inform citizens of economic development opportunities for retail businesses
• Investigated Ft Worth South’s use of Tax Increment Financing as a development tool
• Western Heritage Week, a community celebration of the Cowboy Capital PRCA rodeo, with parade and other events
• First Veteran’s Day parade in over 40 years, in conjunction with Tarleton’s military appreciation weekend
• Numerous radio, magazine, and newspaper interviews to promote our community.
We would be remiss to let the opportunity for such a strong leader slip through our fingers. Tarleton is growing, our schools are growing and Stephenville needs to grow in order to be competitive. Mayor Weldon’s experience is invaluable and his credentials speak for themselves.
For a better Stephenville, we must re-elect Kenny Weldon as our mayor.